Last updated 8 December 2014
(as defined below). Please read these End User Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the ParcelPoint Services.
By using or accessing the ParcelPoint Services, you indicate that you have read, understood and accept these End User Terms
and that you agree to abide by them. We encourage you to read these End User Terms of Service, and contact us via
email@example.com if you have any particular questions in relation to the ParcelPoint Services.
If you do not agree to these End User Terms of Service use, you must refrain from using the ParcelPoint Services.
In these End User Terms of Service “you” includes anyone acting on your behalf or with your express or implied authority.
ParcelPoint Services ("Services" or "ParcelPoint Services") are offered by ParcelPoint Pty Ltd, ABN 75 132 599 154 (“ParcelPoint“, “Operator” or “us”)
and its registered Agents (the "Agents" or "Participating Outlets"). The Services are available to individuals of at least 18 years of age,
residing within Australia, who are required to register prior to using the Service ("Users"). Registration may be completed via the ParcelPoint website
(parcelpoint.com.au) or through an approved third party website.
The Services include the Collections Services and the Returns Service (or such other services as the Operator may advise or offer from time to time).
There are currently three Collections Services: (a) the Open Collections Service; (b) the Retailer Collections Service; (c) and the Re-Delivery Collections Service.
The Collections Services allow Users to have parcels, letters, packages or goods (“Parcels”) sent
or redelivered to the address of an outlet of a nominated ParcelPoint Agent participating in the ParcelPoint scheme (“Participating Outlets”),
for subsequent collection during the Agent's opening hours.
The Returns Service allows Users to lodge Parcels at a Participating Outlet, to be picked up by an independent carrier or other delivery agent for
delivery by such carrier or other delivery agent to a participating Retailer.
ParcelPoint and its Agents will not be required, or caused, to carry, handle, deal or convey any unlawful, dangerous or prohibited goods as set
out in the http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/prohibited.html page. If your Parcel is suspected of containing
unlawful, dangerous or prohibited goods, your Parcel may be destroyed and/or notified to the appropriate authorities.
- Should the User deliver any unlawful, dangerous or prohibited goods in a Parcel to the Operator or its Agents, or
cause the Operator or its Agents to carry, handle, deal or convey with such goods:
- The User shall be liable for any and all loss or damage caused by, or in connection with the goods however
arising and shall indemnify the Operator and its Agents against all penalties, claims, damages, costs and expenses
whatsoever arising in connection therewith and the goods may be destroyed or otherwise dealt with at the sole discretion
of the Operator or by any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time.
- The Operator shall be under no liability whatsoever in connection with the goods however arising.
When using the Open Collections Service, at least 3 hours prior to a Parcel arriving at a ParcelPoint Agent,
the User must notify ParcelPoint of the proposed delivery via the instructions provided on the ParcelPoint website
set out in http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/new-parcel
and obtain a confirmation from ParcelPoint that it will accept the Parcel. ParcelPoint and its Agents reserve the
right to refuse a delivery, and/or charge an additional fee, where ParcelPoint has not been notified in advance and
has not provided you confirmation that we will accept your Parcel.
Only Parcels weighing up to 10kg and with dimensions up to 40cm x 40cm x 40cm will be accepted. You must contact
us in advance prior to using the Service if your Parcel is, or is likely to be, either heavier than 10kg or having its
longest side greater than 40cm. Parcels larger or heavier than this may be accepted on a case by case basis if agreed
by ParcelPoint and/or its Agent(s) when you notify us of your proposed delivery. Additional fees may apply for large or heavy items.
- ParcelPoint and its Agents reserve the right to refuse delivery or lodgement of a Parcel at a Participating Outlet if the Parcel:
- Exceeds the weight or dimensions stated herein, unless otherwise agreed by ParcelPoint in advance;
- Is not clearly and correctly addressed and/or packaged, using the address provided by ParcelPoint; or
- Contains or is suspected of containing unlawful, dangerous or prohibited goods, as set out in the http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/prohibited.html page.
- Fees may be applicable for use of the Services, and are subject to change. Fees for the Open Collections Service and Re-Delivery Collections Service are accessible on our website: parcelpoint.com.au/pricing. Fees for the Returns Service are accessible on our website: parcelpoint.com.au/returns
- For Services not detailed on our website, you may request a quote for any applicable fees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where fees are required to be paid for the Collections Services, these must be paid by you prior to upon collection of the Parcel from the ParcelPoint Agent.
- Where fees are required to be paid for the Returns Service, these must be paid by you prior to upon lodgement of the Parcel at the ParcelPoint Agent.
- This refund policy is applicable to payments made via parcelpoint.com.au.
- If you need to dispute a payment or request a refund, you may do so by contacting email@example.com in the first instance. If disputing a payment or requesting a refund, you will be required to prove that your payment was made via parcelpoint.com.au
and provide other documentary evidence stating the value of your payment (for example the invoice).
- If the product/service is assessed to be faulty or unfit for its intended purpose, refunds will be issued using the same method as your original payment.
- The provision of the ParcelPoint Services are facilitated via the ParcelPoint website, thereby acting as a conduit site facilitating
retail collections and returns processes. The ParcelPoint Services should only be construed strictly in this context.
No endorsement or affiliation of third parties (such as retailers, carriers or other delivery agent) shall be construed in any manner
whatsoever, notwithstanding anything else contained herein or otherwise. A reference or link to a third party
(such as a retailer, carrier or other delivery agent) is provided in the context of a conduit site only facilitating retail collections
and returns processes. Such references are provided for your information and convenience only. We have no control
over the contents, quality or integrity of those third parties (such as retailers, carriers or other delivery agent) and we accept no
liability of them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of their products or services (notwithstanding anything else contained herein).
- Your interactions and any delivery arrangements with such third parties is at your own risk and you recognise that the services provided by
such third parties are not provided by us but by the relevant third party. You should carefully review the terms and conditions relevant to such third party.
- Your carrier contract for the delivery of your products from such third party carrier or other delivery agent shall be solely and completely
between you and the relevant third party carrier (and not ParcelPoint).
- We make no warranty about the standard or quality of services provided by the carrier or other delivery agent, and we are not responsible
or liable for same in any manner whatsoever.
The Collection Services
- When your Parcel is available for collection, you will receive notification via email and/or SMS, depending on the contact details you provide to us at the time of registration.
- You will be advised periodically that your Parcel is ready for pickup. If it has not been collected within 14 calendar days of delivery,
we may return your Parcel to the original sender or destroy it, unless prior arrangements have been made in writing between you and ParcelPoint.
Where ParcelPoint or its Agents choose to retain such Parcels for a longer period, additional fees may apply to store the item on your behalf.
The Returns Service
- When you lodge your Parcel at a ParcelPoint Agent, you will receive proof of lodgement, either in writing in-store
or via email to your registered email address you provide to us at the time of registering your returns Parcel.
- You will be able to track progress of your Parcel using the instructions provided with your proof of lodgement or by contacting ParcelPoint.
The Collections Services
- For the security of your Parcel, you will be required to provide photo identification when collecting your Parcel
from the Participating Outlet. We may record a copy of your photo identification for audit purposes.
- Where someone is collecting the Parcel on your behalf, this must be agreed in writing by Us prior to collection of your Parcel.
The Collection Services
- If your Parcel is lost, damaged or stolen when in the possession of a ParcelPoint Agent, ParcelPoint will reimburse
you up to AU$100 or the value of your Parcel (whichever is lesser), unless such loss or damage is caused or contributed by you.
- You are advised to check the Parcel for any damage prior to accepting it from your ParcelPoint Agent, as no responsibility
will be taken for damaged Parcels once you have collected the Parcel.
The Returns Service
- If your Parcel is lost, damaged or stolen once you have lodged the Parcel at a ParcelPoint Agent, and before it
has been collected by the third party carrier, ParcelPoint will reimburse you up to AU$100 or the value of your Parcel
(whichever is lesser), unless such loss or damage is caused or contributed by you.
- If you need to lodge a parcel insurance claim, you may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org in the first
instance. If making a claim due to a Parcel being lost, damaged or stolen, you will be required to provide Proof of
Delivery and other documentary evidence stating the value of your Parcel (for example the invoice).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Operator, its directors, employees, contractors and agents exclude
any and all liability whatsoever to you (or anyone else) arising out of or in any way connected with these End User
Terms of Service or the ParcelPoint Services for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of profits
or savings, loss of income, loss of business, loss of opportunity, howsoever arising and whether caused by a breach of
statute, breach of contract, negligence or other tort. Without limiting foregoing, you agree that in no event shall
our maximum aggregate liability exceed AU$100.
- The Operator has no responsibility or any liability in relation to:
(a) fragile goods (such as glassware);
(b)non-working goods (such as faulty electronics);
(c) Parcels left at a Participating Outlet outside of its opening hours;
or (d) anything else set out in http://www.parcelpoint.com.au/prohibited.html.
Access and Registration
- Access to the ParcelPoint site and the ParcelPoint Services is permitted on a temporary basis. We will not be
liable if for any reason the ParcelPoint site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may
restrict access to some parts of the ParcelPoint site, or the entire site. You are responsible for making all arrangements
necessary for you to have access to the ParcelPoint site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access
the ParcelPoint site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, log-in details, a user identification name, password or any other piece of
information as part of our security procedures (“log-in information”), you must treat such information as confidential
and keep it secure, and you must not (a) disclose it to any third party; (b) store such log-in information in any form,
whether encrypted or encoded or otherwise, in any location where such information could be copied, utilised or distributed
by any other person, virus, software or any other third party; (c) allow or enable a third party to freely access our site
via your log-in information. If you are aware of any unauthorised use of your log-in information, or if your log-in information
has been compromised or known to a third party, you must immediately notify us. Notice provided by you in these circumstances
does not release you from your responsibilities under these End User Terms of Service. We have the right to disable any log-in
information, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of
the provisions of these End User Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trade marks
and copyright) in our platform, technology or solution, the ParcelPoint Services and the ParcelPoint site, and the
material published on it (including, without limitation, its look and feel, brands, logos and trade marks, information,
graphics, photographs, content, images, sounds, video, audio, text, layout, logos, button icons and the compilation and
organisation thereof, and all intellectual property rights contained therein). Those works are protected by intellectual
property laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Carrier Terms and Conditions
By using the ParcelPoint Re-Delivery Collections Service, you hereby also accept the conditions of carriage of
the nominated carrier (which decision is your independent decision), which in the event that the nominated carrier is Fastway Couriers, shall be as set out in
Without limiting the foregoing, you indemnify the Operator and Fastway and its Courier Franchisee or authorised
contractor against any claim for loss and/or damage relating to any Parcel left at a ParcelPoint Agent.
By using the ParcelPoint Returns Service you hereby accept the conditions of carriage of the nominated carrier,
which are currently set out in http://www.couriersplease.com.au/content/view/73.
When using the ParcelPoint Returns Service, the End User will be liable for any futile booking fee
(or similar fees, penalties or charges) imposed by a carrier or other delivery agent, unless ParcelPoint has made
the Parcel available for collection outside of the Participating Outlet’s opening hours.
The End User appoints ParcelPoint as its agent so that ParcelPoint has the power and authority to deal with the
Parcel in any manner it sees fit, as contemplated by these End User Terms of Service, or as otherwise required in order
to facilitate ParcelPoint providing the Services or to comply with the terms herein. Without limiting the foregoing, ParcelPoint may collect or retrieve the
Parcel from locations outside of a Participating Outlet, such as a local post office.
The Operator is not a carrier or other delivery agent, but rather a facilitator in procuring an opportunity
for you to collect or return your purchased goods, via a Participating Outlet. The Operator is not a common carrier,
and will act as a conduit to accept goods for carriage only on these conditions and reserves the right in its absolute
discretion to refuse to accept goods for carriage to any package tendered to it for transportation.
- The Operator reserves the right, in its absolute discretion. As to the means, route and procedure to be followed in the handling, storage and transportation of the Parcels.
- If any provision of these End User Terms of Service is found by any court or body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partially illegal, invalid, void, voidable,
unenforceable or unreasonable it shall be deemed severable to the extent that the remaining provisions of these End User Terms of Service shall continue in full force and effect.
These End User Terms of Service may change at any time without notification, and the latest version is available via www.parcelpoint.com.au/terms
- By using the ParcelPoint website, and any of the Services, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these End User
- Nothing herein is intended to, or shall operate to, create a partnership, agency or joint venture between you and us.
- We shall not be responsible for any delay, suspension or failure arising out of any circumstances outside of our reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion or flood.
- These End User Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with same shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of that State.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email@example.com.